- Component-based specification of programming languages
- Algebraic specification frameworks
Dept of Computer Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Peter D Mosses
BA, MSc, DPhil (Oxford)
- I became a Professor Emeritus of Swansea University in January 2016. I will henceforth often be away from Swansea, and unlikely to respond promptly to email. I am currently visiting the Programming Languages Group, TU Delft, The Netherlands, until August 2018.
The focus of my current research is further development of the component-based approach to semantics established by the PLanCompS project (2011–2016), together with tool support and major case studies.
- JLAMP paper: Flag-Based Big-Step Semantics, with Casper Bach Poulsen
- SIS – Semantics Implementation System (1979): Reference Manual (PDF), Tested Examples (PDF)
[copied from the Semantics Library of Cliff B Jones]
- Modularity'16 Demonstration Track paper: Tool support for component-based semantics, with Thomas van Binsbergen and Neil Sculthorpe
- WoC'15 paper: A modular structural operational semantics for delimited continuations, with Neil Sculthorpe and Paolo Torrini
- PLanCompS (Programming Language Components and Specifications) was a joint research project based at Swansea, RHUL and City, 2011–2016.
- My festschrift: Semantics and Algebraic Specification, edited by Jens Palsberg, with contributions by many international colleagues and former students, is published by Springer as LNCS 5700:
Recent/forthcoming meetings in which I'm involved (in chronological order):
- IFIP WG 2.2: Working Group Meeting on Formal Description of Programming Concepts, Bordeaux, France, 18–20 September 2017 (Member)
- SLE 2017: 10th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Software Language Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, 23–24 October 2017 (Keynote: Engineering meta-languages for specifying software languages, video on YouTube)
- LangDev Meet-Up 2018 @ CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8–9 March 2018 (Presentation: Funcons – reusable components of language specifications, slides PDF)
- CoCoDo 2018: Compiler Coding Dojo, Nice, France, 9 April 2018 (Presentation: FunCons)
- IFIP WG 2.11: Working Group Meeting on Program Generation, Kyoto, Japan, 4–7 June 2018 (Member)
- Modeling for Sustainability, Dagstuhl, Germany, 26–31 August 2018
- SBLP 2018: XXII Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages, University of São Paulo (ICMC/USP), São Carlos/SP, Brazil, 20–21 September 2018 (PC member)